no brainer







Am playing homage to the first post i have here when i started folding my pants and ditching the socks, aka taking #menswear and blogging "almost" seriously. I was wearing the very same shirt and belt am wearing on the pictures above. No, i won't be discussing the ankle-baring, feet-stinking, phenomenon. This is about the shirt, polo shirt to be exact.

Polo shirt is every guy's go to top. Unlike the t-shirt, polo shirt for me is more versatile, it gives that instant almost-formal look to your ensemble without exerting too much  effort, yes cause for some people, wearing a button down or dress shirt is back breaking. This is a piece of clothing both metro and neanderthal men can both agree on.

Polo shirts come in different colors and design, i however prefer solid black or white, plain and simple. Vertical stripes is fine but those with aztec prints is a no no. Am not sure why i don't like Aztec prints, it's just not appealing for me, it's kinda dated, and i find it constricting, it makes pairing more difficult, but maybe it's just me.

On my old post, i paired it with my cheque pants, now with cropped pants, which is kinda my thing as of the moment. I used to have one pair, now i got three. I love this look, yeah coz who else would love it except me, because of its simplicity. Yes i love the magic and drama a coat or a jacket brings, and how button down shirt gives you that instant "am a professional, take me seriously" look, this one is way too easy, it's a no-brainer. Every guy would be able to pull this off, even slackers.

If cropped pants are not your thing, pair it with a slim fit jeans, chinos or even dress pants. The key for a successful look is always the fit, so don't forget that. Wear leather shoes like loafers, boat shoes and if you want the extra pow, put a jacket or blazer on. The possibilities are endless.

Here in the philippines, i prefer the shirts from f&h coz they have my size, and they're cheap. Though i have an issue with the length because am tall, it's manageable, compared to spending cash again for alterations coz other brands are just too boxy. I would love to get shirts from fred perry but they're way too pricey. But then again, i always say that, i'd fucking buy them anyway.


Hope this helps, especially my officemates, who always get confused with what a dress down and looking like a hobo looks like. You're in the office for crying out loud, you're not out in the streets begging for loose change. Our office deserves respect, so dress presentably. I don't want to hear lame excuses ever again, fuckers.




Got news by the way! Shop-a-holics rejoice! This is one sale you should not miss. If you have time, am sure you do, head out to the mega tent, libis for some serious shopping and savings! Who doesn't like that? This sale is brought to you by Citibank and Primer. If you're into brands like sanuk, quicksilver, roxy, north face, columbia, jansport, cheap monday, fitflop, etc, go check it out. Shout out to ms. anna gallardo of Primer for sharing this news. 




glasses - oakley, shirt - f&h, tie belt - zara, cropped pants - chocoolate, derby - hugo boss
photos - ron d great 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

archive

mofo

My photo

beach bum travel ho party animal dreamweaver hopeless romantic style savvy narcissistic unapologetic son of a gun